By all accounts it was a fun day and the ACT kids wrestled well. Leila Lovrinovic won silver for girls 29kg. Her brother, Oliver Lovrinovic came home with a silver medal for boys 35kg. Angus Bowman won gold at 50kg (first match ever!). Chris Baker won bronze at 69kg and although Caleb Dallacosta had no opponents, he enjoyed an exhibition match. More photos of this event can be seen in our gallery.
Coaching Accreditation Course to be held at VT1 Martial Arts Academy on the 1st & 2nd April 2017.
Saturday 10:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Sunday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Pre-requisite for course :
To be emailed to NSW Wrestling or course co-ordinator Brett Cash email@example.com
Current first Aid qualifications.
Working with children check
‘Ready to Wrestle’ online course at United World Wrestling
Australian Sports Commission:
NSW Current Member $300
Non Member $355 (includes NSW membership)
Coaching Accreditation Course 2017
We thought it might be time for another wrestling camp at the AIS! Wrestling Nationals are in early May, and the Commonwealth Games Trials are in November so it’s time to get wrestling!
The format will be fairly similar to previous camps with the first session on Friday evening, three sessions on Saturday, and one session Sunday morning. We hope to focus a little more on competition strategies and preparing people for matches. Almost everything we will do will be applicable to MMA and BJJ for those of you who aren’t interested in competing in wrestling.
This camp will also be open to male participants. We thought we’d try it and see how it goes! We will have extra coaches as well so there will be more one-on-one instruction on the mat. As with previous camps the head coaches will be 2008 Olympian, Kyla Bremner, and former Polish National Team Coach, Krzysztof Grzywniak.
The forms and camp info can be found here:
ACT Wrestling Camp Application Form
Everyone is welcome so invite your friends. Any questions please just send us a message on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0432 443 516.
Kyla and Kris
Welcome to 2017! Training starts at AIS on Monday 9th of January; Erindal PCYC on Tuesday 17th of January.
The committee is making a few adjustments to membership requirements this year to bring us in line with legal requirements and running costs:
- The membership form is to be filled out in full before stepping onto the mat
- A new “fit to wrestle form” also must be filled out before beginning training – this will be supplied at your first training session, please ask for it.
- This WAIVER2017 for personal injury must also be signed.
- Fees for the year will be $100 and should be paid before training (please contact if any issues).
- Each member over 18 years must have a Working With Vulnerable People card – these are free for volunteers (you), information on application can be found here. If you already have one, you do not need another, just supply us with the number on the card.
We look forward to a great season!